About this course:
The 30 Hour Construction Safety Certification course is a comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in the construction industry. Specifically devised for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues. OSHA recommends Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA standards. Construction workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job. Specifically devised for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues.
Course designed for: Those interested or responsible for developing and implementing safety and health programs in the construction industry, plant and facility engineers responsible for contractor safety, experienced safety and health managers looking to expand their knowledge.
Describe specific requirements in the OSHA standards that protect workers from common hazards associated with construction industry workplaces.
Course duration: 4 days, 30 instructional classroom hours. Participants must successfully pass the written exam at the end of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course: Participants will receive a certificate of the course completion of 30 hour for Construction industry.
- Module 1: Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
- Module 2: Recordkeeping (optional)
- Module 3A: Basic Safety Orientation
- Module 3B: General Safety and Health Provisions
- Module 4: Health Hazards: Hazard Communication
- Module 5: Health Hazards: Hazardous Materials
- Module 6: Process Safety Management: (PSM)
- Module 7: Personal Protective Equipment
- Module 8: Fire Protection
- Module 9: Materials Handling and Storage
- Module 10: Hand and Power Tools
- Module 11: Welding and Cutting
- Module 12: Focus Four - Electrical Safety
- Module 13: Focus Four - Struck-By and Caught in Between Hazards
- Module 14: Focus Four - Fall Protection
- Module 15: Cranes and Rigging
- Module 16: Motor Vehicles
- Module 17: Excavations
- Module 18: Concrete and Masonry Construction
- Module 19: Stairways and Ladders
- Module 20: Confined Spaces
- Module 21: Lead Safety in the Workplace
- Module 22: Use of Explosives in the Workplace
- Module 23: Scaffolds
- Final Exam